Due to numerous construction and improvement works the below city centre road configurations are currently in place.
- Armagh St is one way eastbound between Durham St and Colombo St due to neighbouring works on Victoria Square
- Antigua St one-way southbound only between Oxford Tce and Tuam St
- Bealey Ave lane drops between Papanui Rd and Barbadoes St
- Cashel St one-way eastbound only between Manchester St and Madras St
- Gloucester St Bridge full closure
- Glocuester St is one way westbound between Latimer Sq and Manchester St due to works related to the East Frame development
- High St no exit to Tuam St from Madras St
- Kilmore St is down to one lane between Manchester St and Durham St
- Manchester St is one-way southbound only between Armagh St and Hereford St
- St Asaph St has a lane drop from just before the intersection with Antigua St through to Hagley Ave
- Worcester St currently CLOSED between Tramway Lane and Manchester St due to the An Accessible City works on Manchester St.
- Worcester St is closed between Manchester St and Latimer Sq due to work related to the neighbouring East Frame development.
- Worcester St west and east of Fitzgerald Ave are left out only due to work related to redeveloping the intersection.
- Worcester St east of Fitzgerald Ave is left in only due to work related to redeveloping the intersection.
Best ways to get across the city centre:
Northbound: Montreal St and Madras St
Southbound: Barbadoes St, Fitzgerald Ave and Deans Ave
Eastbound: Salisbury St and Tuam St
Westbound: St Asaph St and Kilmore St
For parking smart in the CBD check here for parking options.