Below are disruptions or delays you may encounter on the Southland state highway network over the next week, and mapped out here.
Scheduled Highways South works in the coming week (weather dependent):
- SH1, Invercargill to Bluff, stop/go and temporary speed limit in place at various locations for digouts
- SH6, North Road, minor road marking – this should not delay you
- SH99, Lorneville overbridge, stop/go and temporary speed limit in place for bridge maintenance ** Monday 3rd only
** Please note that there will be an oversize load on SH1 between Gore and Invercargill on Monday 3rd August from late morning.
3rd party work with traffic management in place
- SH6, Don St to Tay St Invercargill, lane drop for demolition work
- SH6, North Road Invercargill, lane shift and temporary speed limit for inspection works
- SH6, Ryal Bush, stop/go and temporary speed limit for pole replacement
- SH6, Winton, slip lane closed and temporary speed limit for trenching work
- SH6, Lumsden, lane shift and temporary speed limit for minor earthworks
- SH6, Lowther, intermittent stop/go and temporary speed limit for excavation work
- SH94, Riversdale, stop/go and temporary speed limit for private works
- SH94, Mossburn, lane narrows and temporary speed limit for power pole maintenance
- SH96, Hedgehope/Springhills, stop/go and temporary speed limit for cycle race - **Saturday 8th August only
Events coming up in the near future:
- Cycle race, SH96, 8th August, Hedgehope & Springhills areas
- Junior Tour of Southland, 2nd – 4th October, various state highways across the network
- Tour of Southland event, 1st – 7th November, various state highways across the network
- Our programme of scheduled road reconstruction and re-sealing will be beginning in October, running through until March. Specific details of works and sites will come each week.
Please drive safely and stay warm!
For more information on road conditions and road works in the region:
All regions - https://www.journeys.nzta.govt.nz/traffic/regions/14
Southland District Council roads - https://www.southlanddc.govt.nz/my-southland/roading/road-works-and-closures/
For Clutha District Council roads - https://www.cluthadc.govt.nz/your-services/roadbridgewaternotices/Pages/default.aspx
For Gore District Council roads - http://www.goredc.govt.nz/our-services/roading/road-closures-and-road-conditions
Invercargill City Council - https://www.facebook.com/InvercargillWordontheStreet/
Highways South Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HighwaysSouthNZ/
For those continuing your journey into regions outside Southland, you can sign up to receive emails about work on those highways here:
Coastal Otago - firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Otago – email@example.com